Elena Gilbert Sept 22, 2012 13:33:03 GMT -5
Post by Elena Gilbert on Sept 22, 2012 13:33:03 GMT -5
---- THE BASICS
Character's Full Name: Elena Marie Gilbert
Nicknames and Aliases: None that she’s particularly fond of.
Sub-Species: Aware, Doppelganger
Played By: Nina Dobrev
Appearance: Elena is petite, five-foot-six with a slender build. She has dark brown eyes and delicate features. She has long dark hair she typically wears straight or in a ponytail. Elena has a clean cut, girl-next-door style. Jeans and simple shirts make up the core of her wardrobe. Tank tops, t-shirts, and shorts are the norm during warm weather while jeans, sweaters, hoodies, and jackets are her go-to’s during cooler months. She favors dark or muted colors and she’s a fan of subtle accessories. She likes to dress in a way that’s flattering, but doesn’t call too much attention. Elena doesn’t typically wear make-up unless she’s going to a dance or a formal gathering. There was a time when she liked to wear fashionable boots and skirts occasionally, but she’s much more inclined to wear pants and sneakers these days.
Personality: Elena is kind-hearted and friendly. She makes friends easily and she’s well liked and popular. She’s quiet and a little stand-offish, not one to reach out to new people as quickly as she once did. People may find her nice enough, but difficult to get to know on a deeper level. This is because her life has undergone drastic changes recently and there are aspects of her day-to-day routine she’s not eager to share with others: vampires, witches, running for her life from something nasty – a typical Thursday night.
Beneath the cool exterior, Elena is a worrier. She always has a million things to worry over, typically life and death scenarios involving those nearest and dearest to her. Elena is devoted to the people she cares about – the type of person who can always be counted on to help a friend out of a bind. Elena is loyal and reliable with a lot of patience and understanding. It may take some time to get to know Elena, but she’s well worth the effort. Once someone earns Elena’s trust and loyalty, it’s very difficult to lose it. She puts up with a lot and she’s very forgiving and understanding. She gives second and third chances, even when they’re not always deserved. At the core, Elena just wants everyone to be happy and healthy, and she’ll do anything she can to facilitate that. She’s always quick to sacrifice her own needs for the good of others. Although this is a noble quality, it does have drawbacks. Her self-sacrificing tends to distress the loved ones she’s typically trying to help. She also has a tendency to wear herself out, getting run-down and depressed because she’s neglecting her own needs.
Elena can seem impulsive and reckless, but she puts a lot of thought into her every decision, weighing the pro’s and con’s in her mind, turning it over and over. The problem is she rarely shares her thoughts with others, so when she does take action it takes people by surprise. Elena is stubborn and goal oriented. Once she sets her sights on something, it’s impossible to dissuade her. Elena has learned a lot about the supernatural and she continues to be a diligent student, researching all she can and learning to defend herself. She’s also had to be clever and adaptable to get herself out of some sticky situations.
Despite everything, Elena is still a normal high school girl. She likes to laugh and have fun. Whenever she gets a chance to be a carefree kid, she tries to take it: going to dances and parties, having fun with her friends. No matter how much she’s lost or what terrible things happen in her life, Elena maintains a hopeful attitude. She believes everything will work out in the end.
Powers and Strengths:
- Knowledge of the Supernatural – Elena has a wide knowledge of the supernatural, which she’s gained through experience as well as research. This knowledge helps her navigate the supernatural situations that pop up in her everyday life.
- Compassion – Elena feels deeply for others. She tries to see things from perspectives other than her own. She truly wants to understand and help other people. This attitude has earned her a lot of friends and allies who owe her plenty of favors.
- Level-Headed – Elena is typically reliable and responsible. She’s often the voice of reason and she’s a decent problem solver.
- Determination – Elena is strong-willed and stops at nothing to achieve her goals.
- Combat Skills – Elena has minor combat skills, having learned a thing or two about defending herself.
Vulnerabilities and Weaknesses:
- Naïve – Elena is still young and impressionable and she likes to see the best in everyone. However, sometimes she’d be better off if she kept her distance.
- Secretive – Elena keeps a lot to herself. She doesn’t like to let people know when she’s upset or overwhelmed and she tends to keep any plans she has close to the chest.
- Stubbornness – Elena is bull-headed and unwavering. This can be frustrating when the decision she’s made turns out to be a bad idea.
- Not a Fighter – Elena doesn’t like to fight and she’s not very strong. Although she has some combat ability, it’s definitely not her strong suit.
- Martyr – Elena’s always quick to sacrifice herself for others, throwing herself on her sword without thinking twice. It rarely occurs to her she can’t help anyone if she’s dead.
Note: The site jumps off after Before Sunset and goes AU from there. Anything after that episode in the wiki hasn’t necessarily happened yet.
---- ROLE PLAY SAMPLE
---- THE PLAYER
RP Experience: I’ve been RP’ing for 4 or 5 years. I’m pretty experienced, I guess.
Contact: PM is fine, but IM works too.
- AIM – KatHarvey73188
- MSN – OohBaracuda@live.com
- YIM – mellowmarsh21